And we are SO excited! Our itinerary is packed with musical awesomeness: attending a West Point concert and masterclasses, enjoying STOMP and workshop with the cast, participating in our adjudication and clinic with a panel of nationally recognized music educators, experiencing a Jazz at Lincoln Center concert with Wynton Marsalis, McCoy Tyner and Charles McPherson. Also a solemn visit to the 9/11 memorial and museum. One of the pieces we are performing is dedicated to the victims and survivors. “A Hymn for the Lost and the Living” by Eric Ewazen. Music teaches empathy and is at the core of ESTEAM. We are so grateful for the support of all these musical opportunities!
A few Wind Ensemble reminders are below as you pack and prepare tonight:
· Students, please arrive to school tomorrow morning by 7:15 wearing your YHS Band polo, black pants (no sweatpants) and black shoes and socks. If you can arrive earlier, please do.
· Please report immediately to the auditorium. The goal is to be on the bus and driving by 7:30.
· Please pack your festival music, jazz band music, NYSSMA solo, and West Point music.
· Please pack your photo ID for the security check at West Point
· Listen to today’s rehearsal recordings as you pack! They are available on Dashboard. Enjoy our music and be proud!